Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cue the eery music!

My twins are only 4 years old, but they're so smart that I sometimes find myself treating them like equals. This, I know, is a big mistake. But it just happens! For example, yesterday I was in the mood to watch some of my old Twilight Zone DVD's. After viewing the creepy episode with "Talky Tina", the murderous doll, Ian and Abby were hooked! They begged for more. Groovy! Now we could all sit around on the couch all day, eating junk food, and watching the Twilight Zone. It's my favorite thing to do in the summer! But ocassionally there was an episode that went over their heads and they would say, "Find a scary one Mama!"
And I'd say, "That one was scary!"

"No it wasn't!! Where's the ghost?!" they'd reply.

"Well, there may not be a ghost, but it's still creepy!" I say.

"No it's not!" they say.

Me: "Yes, it is!"

Abby: "No, it's not!"

Me: "Yes, it is! Look at that girl - she's kinda creepy." "She just popped up in the woods, outta freakin' nowhere!" "That's definitely weird!" "Come on!!"

Abby: "Uh, uh, Mama - she's just pretty."

Me: "She's weird"

Abby: "pretty"

Me: "weird!"

Abby: "pretty!!"

Me: "weird!!"
Abby: "pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then suddenly I snap out of it and realize that I've been arguing, with a 4 year old, about a show she has no business even watching! Oh well, we had fun. But consider yourself warned: if you see my little angel out and about and she starts quoting, "Hi, I'm Talky Tina, and I'm gonna kill you..." don't be afraid. She's just having fun. Our brand of bizarre fun, of course...but trust me, I think she'll be O.K.!

No comments: