Monday, June 23, 2008

Carpe Diem

So my husband recently had a death in the family and it was such a young girl. These types of incidences always cause me to sit back and think about what's truly important in life. We're always encourage by elderly people and those who are dying, to enjoy each day that we have. "Carpe Diem" and all that stuff. But then we find ourselves getting caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and we forget to sit back and enjoy what might possibly be our last day on earth. The truth is, we NEVER really do know when it'll be our last day! Jer's cousin had no idea it would be her last day. How sad. So, in an attempt to "seize the moment", I'm going to end each blog with a "blurb" about my day and how I would feel if it were my last one. My own "last lecture", so to speak. (Althought I don't intend on going anywhere anytime soon!) I can't promise that my sick sense of humor won't taint the whole idea, but it still might help me to think about it for a while. I urge you to do the same...enjoy your day!
And here's todays thoughts:
If today where my last day on earth, I'd be glad that I let the kids trash the house because they seem to be having a really great time. My family would come in to help my husband and think that I was a terrible housewife, but I would know that I spent all afternoon laughing with my kids! I would probably wish that I had shaved my legs today, but that'll just have to wait...I'm busy playing!

No comments: