Sunday, February 17, 2008

That Bites!


My eldest son and I were playing dinosaurs. I was apatosaurus, a kind, veggie-eater. Ian, as usual, was the large meat-eater, Gigantosaurus. He was snarling and bearing his teeth at me. I let out a big dino-scream as he pretended to sink his large teeth into my "tail". The baby, William, saw what we were doing and thought it looked like a ton of fun. So he too started growling and showing his teeth, as he approached me. Well, I don't trust him not to bite me because he doesn't yet know the difference between pretend and real biting. So I say, "no, no, William. Mommy doesn't trust you - don't bite!" He starts chasing me. "No, William!" "No biting!!" The chase speeds up as I run, screaming. I'm truly scared of this little 30 pound beast sinking his teeth into me! I run into the family room and trip on one of my husbands mammoth shoes. Damn, I'm down!! While I'm still on the floor, face down, William takes a flying leap onto my back and proceeds to take a massive bite into my butt. I yell at the top of my lungs, begging him for mercy. I wriggle and writhe in pain, trying to get him to unclench his teeth from my ass, but he won't let go! I can hear him giggling, because he thinks this is hysterical. I manage to compose myself enough to reach around to my rear and start tickling him under his chin. He finally starts laughing so much that he can't maintain his death grip. Free at last! I get up and survey the damage...it's not going to be pretty! And he says to me, with his innocent little smile, "Woo Woo dinosaur." :) How could I possibly be mad at him?

1 comment:

The Littles said...

I'm literally crying I'm laughing so hard! how cute! (....and how painful!)