Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One less thing to worry about!


I worry the most for my daughter. Only a woman can truly understand this. It's still a very dangerous (not to mention sexist) world for women. I pray every night that I can raise her to be a strong woman, when she grows up. Well, today the twins were outside playing on their play "castle". Abby said to Ian, "I'm the princess stuck up in the castle. Will you save me?" Ian replied with a "no!" "Please?" asked Abby, nicely. "No!" said Ian. Then Abby slid down the slide, got right up in Ian's face and said "fine, I don't need you!" " I'm so moving on!!" Then she looks over at me, raises her tiny little fist into the air and says (quite seriously) "girl power!" We exchange winks.

Yes, I think my job is done.

1 comment:

The Littles said...

I died laughing when I read this story and every time I think of it. I have a feeling she and Lorelai are going to be good friends :)