Saturday, February 9, 2008

10 Year Old Sheltie for Sale!

I was trying to make a soup that required about 10 cans of vegetables to be opened. My can opener was completely rusted and completely worthless! I had to stab at each can with a knife. I looked like a complete lunatic and was probably scaring the crap out of the baby. It took me about a half-hour to open all of the cans. What was supposed to be an easy dinner turned into a huge event! And to make matters worse, after the soup was made, the kids whined incessantly about how the soup was "too hot". I sat there blowing on their bowls for about ten minutes, with them yelling "hurry up, I'm hungry!" It wasn't cooling off, so I decided we should all play a quick round of hide and seek to get their minds off of the soup. Five minutes later, we return to the table only to find that the dog has eaten all of our soup!! Damn it and @*$#@!!! I got tears in my eyes and was contemplating strangling the dog, when Ian patted me on the leg and said, "It's ok Mama, I didn't want that soup anyway. Let's get a pizza!"

No comments: