Monday, February 4, 2008

My yin and yang kiddos

If you know my twins, then you know that they don't get along at all! Today they were outside playing on their bikes, riding in circles. A fight broke out (as usual) because "Abby wasn't riding fast enough". I broke up the fight and came to Abby's defense. And instead of appreciating me for this effort, she preferred to bond with Ian. And what, you ask, could they possibly find that they have in common? Making fun of me, of course! Here's the conversation that followed:
Abby: "Hey Ian, at least I'm not as slow as Mama!"
Ian: "Yeah, she's so slow."
Abby: "That's because she has a fat butt!"
Ian: "ha,ha,ha,...yeah, she's fat!"
Abby: "he,he,he,he,he"
Ian: "I wonder what's inside of that fat butt?"
Abby: "probably another baby!"
Ian: "god, I hope not!"
Abby: "maybe it's jelly...mmmm, that's sounds good"
Ian: "Let's ask her for a snack, I'm hungry."
Abby: "Yeah."
Ian: "Hey mama, get off your fat butt and make us a snack!" "he,he,he,he"

And why, you ask, did I not reprimand them severely? Because for 5 minutes, and probably only 5 minutes, they were getting along and the house was quiet!! It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make!

1 comment:

The Littles said...

holy cow Catherine! Maybe I'll let Lorelai stay a baby forever...! by the way- I think you need to have a serious conversation with them about where babies grow...lol