Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lookin' good, lady!

Every morning, when I drop the kids off at preschool, we are met at the door by one of the teachers. She's a very kind lady, but who I have to admit is also quite obese. I've never said anything about it to the kids. I may have a crude sense of humor, but NEVER at the expense of other people. That's not my style. Anyway, the other day one of my kids finally asked me, "Mom, why does that lady have such a big butt?" I responded with, "listen to me...if you can't say something nice about someone, then don't say anything at all. Keep your observations to yourself!" And then I busted out singing the song from "bambi"..."If you can't say something nice, shhhhh, say nothing..." You know the one. Then, today, when I dropped them off at school, my polite child proceeded to say, "Good morning miss. You have a nice butt!" Somewhere in our conversation my point was lost. Oh well, my child knows what he meant. I guess I just need to be proud that he tried to be nice!

No comments: