Thursday, April 24, 2008

Going "red"

This week I spent my time eliminating all of the toxic cleaning products that we have in our home, by making my own out of natural ingredients. I also started my own vegetable garden in the backyard. And I handwashed all of my dishes, in a small washtub. Then, during my online search for natural ingredients to make all-purpose cleaners, I came across an article that had me laughing hysterically. I'm all about continuing to strive toward being more "green", but this was ridiculous!! "How to make your own menstrual pads"!! Good lord. Women in the sixties didn't burn their bras only for us to take ten steps backward! It'll be a cold day in hell before I shove one of those bad boys between my legs. They're huge! They do look like they could double as a hot pad, when you're not menstruating though. There's a plus! I wonder if they have a pattern for tampons?

2 comments:

The Littles said...

They could also double as a cushion for bike riding, horseback riding, etc...gross.

Maryellen said...

I'm guessing the greenies who sewed their own menstrual pads have never seen the diva cup:

www.divacup.com

Don't they know that it's much more environmentally friendly. :)