Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lady Lumps

My son is four and is becoming increasingly aware of the differences between girls and boys. It helps that he has a twin sister. I was sitting on the bed with my daughter and my son just came right up to me and pushed on my boobs and said "what are those bumps under your shirt?" I quickly and vaguely explained that women need them to feed their babies. He seemed satisfied with this explanation and went away. A little while later in the evening, I put on my pajamas and had my bra off. Ian walked up to me again and said "where did your bumps go?" You'd have to know me (and I mean REALLY know me to appreciate this story) This is such a sad story about a woman who should be well-endowed after having three children. But nay, it's just not so. And so I'll cry myself to sleep tonight, knowing that I not only have no breasts but that I shared this story with you!

No comments: