Thursday, October 16, 2008

Serenity now!

Part of my new "therapy" is to read some inspirational thoughts from Christian mother's in a book I bought for myself. It's purpose is to help calm me down and focus on my job as a mother with patience and serenity. (In other words, not blow my top and get my panties in a wad all the time, as I have been doing in the past!) It's been working quite well. I can see a difference in my attitude already. I read a particularly helpful passage a couple of nights ago that said that God helps you eliminate stress in your life, if you just listen to him. When you ask yourself, "is this task bringing me peace?" and the answer in your gut is "no", then walk away from it. I've been applying this method all day long and it works! For example, I was listening to some political debating on the radio and was getting hot under the collar (to say the least) Was it bringing me peace? No, so I turned it off. When I got home, I was tempted to check on the stock market (AGAIN!) but decided that too would not bring me peace at the moment. I highly recommend this method to you. It's working so well that that tonight I'm going to have the locks changed and not let Jeremy and the kids in the house!! Ahhhhhhh, now THAT'S real peace!

1 comment:

The Littles said...

hmmm....very effective. This is the same reason I'm not allowed to watch Bill Marr. (HATE that guy)...What book is it? I feel myself starting to go over the edge the more Lorelai's *ahem* "strong" personality develops...By the way, LOVE the new blog look- way to go Maryellen!