Thursday, July 31, 2008

MY View

Oh my lord, I've been trying to find ways to relax and it's impossible! I try to hold off on some of the housecleaning, but it becomes a total hell hole after 30 minutes! I can't live that way. I try "fixing myself up" but then a kid or two will spill a drink on me or wipe syrup on my clean clothes and this stresses me out even more than I would be if I didn't clean myself up to begin with! Today I tried watching a little t.v., other than Dora or Backyardigans. This bombed completely!! My blood pressure rose immediately. I started watching The View and became outraged because they have employed 3 liberals who always gang up on the one conservative. And they all have these smug looks on their faces because they all seem convinced that just because it's 3:1 they have suceeded in making her look like an idiot. Well they're wrong about that. I especially love the confidence that the new idiot (Sherri Shepherd) has, just because she's being backed up by two comedians. She must think we forgot that she once believed the earth might be flat! Good lord.
I'm neither a conservative nor a liberal but the situation on this show annoys the hell out of me!! I'm so tired of Hollywood ramming their liberal views down our throats, every chance they can get. Why the hell would I care what they think?! They live in "LaLa land". They can't possibly know what the average American needs or wants. So when I turn on the television, to relax, I'm hoping that I can either hear unbiased information or at least a balance between the views. Good luck with that, right?
Then I decided to try watching an old Oprah episode that I recorded. I'm getting tired of her crap too. First of all, when Oprah says, "read this or read that or bark like a damn dog", every woman in America does it. Why do women relate to her? She's never been married, has no children, and is severely wealthy? Yup, sounds like she and I have so much in common. And secondly, I am seriously getting tired of her obvious bias toward anything and everything black. [ And no, I'm not prejudiced, I consider myself the exact opposite! I have a very open-minded view of people and the world...It just bothers me when other people can't get over color! Including Oprah Winfrey.] Anyway, the episode I turned on was about a young boy who was killed with a baseball bat, by a young black kid. And who was Oprah sypathizing with? The black kid because she thought he didn't deserve an 8 year sentence for MURDER! I'm not watching Oprah anymore either. She does that crap all the time. It's sickening.
I eventually settled on I Love Lucy...the show about a 1950's housewife who does all of the cooking and cleaning. It was the least offensive!!
P.S. I know, I know...I've been quite a grouchy bitch on my blog lately. Just cut me a little slack. I have issues right now, ok? :)

1 comment:

The Littles said...

lol- I couldn't agree MORE. I've sworn off Oprah and can barely stand the view anymore- poor Elizabeth. I hate Joy and Sherri- I disagree with Whoopi, but she atleast is okay with someone having a different opinion. UGH. I just watch What Not to Wear and A Haunting (that's right- I can admit it) ...btw- thanks for the comment :) we can sit in the looney bin together and laugh histerically at nothing in unison.