Friday, March 28, 2008

The Terror Twins

My boy/girl twins were born hating each other. They have nothing in common and therefore find something to fight about on a daily basis. It's usually something small and stupid, like who has the bigger sandwich (even though they're the exact same size) or who has the cleaner room. It doesn't really matter what they fight about. What matters is that the fights always start off as simple arguing and escalate into a full-out wrestling match. And quickly! This happens at least five or six times a day. One day, I was downstairs making them lunch and I heard them laughing together. This struck me as unusual and so I felt I needed to investigate further. I went upstairs and found them giggling and "high-fiving" each other. This absolutely did not sit right with me. They never get along, so why would they now? Then I realized, I didn't see the baby. Oh lord. "Where's the baby?" I ask. They both just stare at me. "Where's the baby?!!" I start running all over the house looking for the baby until I finally hear a faint voice coming from his room. I don't see him immediately so I start digging around in his pile of dirty laundry and looking under the bed. Finally, I open his toy chest and find him inside, curled up into a ball. The twins had taken off his shirt and put it back on him, without putting his arms through the armholes. He was stuck inside his shirt! And then they ditched him in the toy box. Poor little guy! The twins finally found something they have in common! I wasn't sure if I should celebrate or call a child psycologist. I could tell that this was just the beginning of what will probably turn out to be one sick and twisted friendship. Lord help us all!

No comments: